DOMINOES participated in EEM 2019
- Opening of the session and brief introduction to Dominoes project | Samuli Honkapuro, LUT (chairman of the session) | Presentation link
- Citizen collective actions and local markets | Stanislas d’Herbemont, REScoop | Presentation link
- Business case of flexibility service – Battery system as a service for a DSO | Ilari Alaperä, Fortum | Presentation link
- Development of local energy market design – possibilities and challenges | Jan Segerstam, Empower | Presentation link
DOMINOES participated in EPIA 2019
Panel session on Artificial Intelligence applications in Power Systems, with focus on the development of local energy markets.
- System architecture and ecosystem interoperability enabling AI-driven solutions | David Hästbacka, Tampere University, Finland |Presentation Link
- The Increasing Threat of Collusion in Deregulated Electricity Markets | Danial Esmaeli, Sabanci University, Turkey |Presentation Link
- The role of AI in structured energy markets | Jan Segerstam, Development Director, Empower IM Oy, Finland | Presentation Link
- The role of DSO in the evolution of the digital energy system – EDP Distribuição Example | José Sousa, LV Dispatch and Grid Management Center, EDP Distribuição – Energia, S.A., Portugal | Presentation Link
Video of the entire Summer School session: https://youtu.be/vyYzxhB4_Jk
DOMINOES participated in European Utility Week 2018
DOMINOES project participated in the European Utility Week (EUW) between 6-8 November 2018 in Vienna, Austria. EUW is the platform to meet top-level European energy professionals and do business, form new relationships and drive new projects forward. DOMINES held a presentation and some interesting discussions have been held about the project. Photos of the event are available in blog.
Presentation available in this link.
Posted at 04-12-2018
DOMINOES in European Utility Week
DOMINOES will be present in European Utility Week 2018, from 6th to 8th November, 2018, in Vienna, Austria (www.european-utility-week.com).
Meet us at EU Project Zone (Stand: B.k49.i1).
Jan Segerstam will present “Decentralised intelligence – A new economic model for local markets” in Initiate! Stage 1 on Wednesday November 7th, from 14:30 to 14:40, in the scope of the session “Manifesto: a new energy economy”.
The project results will be presented at EU projects theatre, exhibition area, on Thursday 8th 10:45 – 11:30, during the session “Distribution Grid and Demand response”.
DOMINOES will participate in 9th international Conference on Intelligent Systems 2018
From September 26th to 28th, Funchal, in Madeira Island, hosted the 9thInternational Conference on Intelligent Systems. This event is supported by IEEE Technology and Engineering Management System and took place in the Pestana Casino Park.
As part of the second day programme, EDP CNET co-organised, together with UNINOVA and VTT, a workshop on Smart Cities and Smart Buildings, with the pivotal goal of sharing valuable experiences and lessons learnt in this field. EDP CNET has presented DOMINOES project, which tackles several technical, regulatory and economic challenges that will underpin the transition to the flourishment of Smart Cities’ solutions, namely energy communities, local markets, transactive energy, among others.
The workshop was concluded with a hands-on session, where all the presented projects were wrapped-up and the common barriers to be surpassed identified, such as the citizen engagement and regulatory challenges.